Mini DisplayPort Y-Cable Docking Station
Easily add Mini DisplayPort, USB and Ethernet Ports to your Computer
The Mini DisplayPort Y-Cable Docking Station easily expands the ports on your Mini DisplayPort enable desktop, laptop or ultrabook computer. Connecting to your computer's Mini DisplayPort output and its USB 3.0 port, the docking station provides two Mini DisplayPort outputs, three USB 3.0 ports and one Gigabit Ethernet port.
Supporting DisplayPort 1.2 multi-stream transport (MST) mode, the docking station can independently support two DisplayPort monitors with resolutions up to 2560x1600 @ 60Hz, 24bpp for each monitor. A single monitor can be supported up to 3840x2160 @ 60Hz, 24bpp. These resolutions as well as the use of the MST mode feature require that your computer has a Mini DisplayPort 1.2 output.
The two Mini DisplayPort 1.2 outputs are DP++ enabled. This features allows the use of either active or passive adapters when adapting a Mini DisplayPort output to support an HDMI, DVI or VGA monitor. The Y-Cable Docking Station features the HDCP 1.3 content protection scheme with embedded keys providing uninterrupted transmission of protected audio and video content.
- Provides two Mini DisplayPort 1.2 output ports
- Expands a USB 3.0 port to three USB 3.0 ports
- Includes one Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- AC adapter with US, EU, AUS and UK power plugs
- DP 1.2 max link rate: 5.4 Gbps (HBR2) per lane
- DP++ enabled Mini DisplayPort outputs
- Supports DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport (MST)
- Ethernet supports Wake-on-LAN technology, crossover detection, auto-correction
- Supports USB 3.0 Charging Downstream Port (CDP)
- Compliance: DisplayPort 1.2, 1.1a, VESA DDM, HDCP 1.3, DisplayID and EDID 1.4
Extends the connectivity of Microsoft Surface Pro Tablets:
Microsoft "Designed for Surface" Licensed
The Mini DisplayPort Y-Cable Docking Station is Microsoft Designed for Surface licensed. Optimized for use with the Surface Pro 2 and Surface Pro 3, it is the first in a series of products from Accell to join the Designed for Surface program.
- Dimensions: 0.77 x 6.1 x 3.86 in. (1.95 x 1.5 x 9.8 cm)
- Weight: 10.6 oz (300 g)
- mDP & USB cable length: 16.9 in (430 mm)
- Power Adapter: 100-240VAC, 50/60Hz, operating 19.5VDC
- Resolution up to 2560x1600 @ 60Hz each monitor (MST mode) with DP 1.2
- Suggested monitors setting for maximum resolutions
|Monitors Supported||Output Port 1||Output Port 2|
|Single||3840x2160 @ 60 Hz, 24 bpp||Not Connected|
|Dual||2560x1600 @ 60Hz, 24 bpp||2560x1600 @ 60Hz, 24 bpp|
- Mini DisplayPort 1.2 output port
- USB 3.0 port
- Not for use on a Thunderbolt port or with Thunderbolt displays.
- For optimum compatibility, Accell brand Mini DisplayPort adapters should be used when adapting any of the video outputs to HDMI, DVI or VGA.
- The Microsoft Surface 3 has a Mini DisplayPort output that can drive just 1 external monitor. The Y-Dock is limited to one mDP output.
- To adapt a Surface 3 to a non-DisplayPort monitor, please see other Accell adapters. To connect to a DisplayPort monitor, use an Accell VESA certified, HBR2 rated cable found here.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) or later
- Docking Station
- Power Adapter (US, EU, AUS and UK Plugs)
- Instruction Guide